Video Laryngoscope Market Expected To Witness A Sustainable Growth by 2028
Business Planning Consulting Services
Updated on Oct 11, 2023
View more like this | Visit United Kingdom, UN | Contact Market Research Reports
Video Laryngoscope Industry Overview
The global video laryngoscope market size was valued at USD 352.7 million in 2020 and is estimated to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.1% from 2021 to 2028.
The rising awareness of the benefits of using video laryngoscopes over conventional ones is a key factor contributing to market growth. These benefits include reduction in applied force, enhanced laryngeal view, visual confirmation of tube placement, decreased risk of cross-contamination, and higher rates of successful rescue after the failure of direct laryngoscopy which is boosting demand.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Video Laryngoscope Market
The COVID-19 pandemic has positively impacted the market as emergency departments and intensive care units look for ways to support patients in respiratory distress while lowering the risk of cross-infection. Video laryngoscopy has emerged as a viable option for intubating patients being put on a ventilator. The availability of a video laryngoscope also minimizes errors during intubation and enhances feedback, learning, and teaching.
It also keeps the face of healthcare technicians away from the airways of the patients, thus reducing the risk of contamination. Nihon Kohden started ramping up his production of ventilators and airway management devices in 2020 to meet the growing demand. Moreover, Medtronic also reported positive growth in 2020 owing to increased demand for airway products and ventilators. So the pandemic has a positive impact on the market for video laryngoscopes.
The increasing prevalence of respiratory diseases is also a key factor driving the market for video laryngoscopes. According to the WHO, around 65.0 million people suffer from COPD, and 3 million die each year due to lung-related diseases as of 2019. These estimates are expected to rise over the years owing to the growing target population, increasing exposure to tobacco smoke, and pollution. These factors are anticipated to boost the overall market for video laryngoscopes. Moreover, increased usage of airway management in pediatrics is further boosting the revenue.
Browse through Grand View Research's Medical Device Industry Research Reports.
- Corneal Implants Market: The global corneal implants market size was valued at USD 392.9 million in 2021 and is anticipated to register a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% from 2022 to 2030.
- Wearable Injectors Market: The global wearable injectors market size was valued at USD 6.66 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.29% from 2022 to 2030.
Video Laryngoscope Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global video laryngoscope market on the basis of product, usage type, channel type, device type, end use, and region:
Video Laryngoscopes Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Rigid Video Laryngoscopes
- Flexible Video Laryngoscopes
Video Laryngoscopes Usage Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Reusable Video Laryngoscopes
- Disposable Video Laryngoscopes
Video Laryngoscopes Channel Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Non-Channeled Video Laryngoscopes
- Channeled Video Laryngoscopes
Video Laryngoscopes Device Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Cart based Video Laryngoscopes
- Handheld Video Laryngoscopes
Video Laryngoscopes End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Other (ENT Clinics, Training/Teaching Etc.)
Video Laryngoscopes Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Market Share Insights
- May 2021: Ambu received U.S. FDA clearance for VivaSight 2 DLT. This enabled the company to commercialize the product and extended its single-use pulmonology lineup.
- June 2019: Karl Storz Endoscopy-America Inc. opened a new facility including a modern warehouse, production facility, and office center in Auburn, U.S. to increase its market penetration.
Key Companies profiled:
Some of the prominent players in the video laryngoscope market include:
- Prodol Meditec
- Ambu A/S
- KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Verathon Inc.
- Salter Labs
- VDO Medical Inc.
- AAM Healthcare
- Hebei Vimed Medical Device Company, Ltd.
- Olympus Corporation
Order a free sample PDF of the Video Laryngoscope Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.