Stet is an unincorporated community on the Ray/Carroll County line and part of the Kansas City metropolitan area. It is located approximately fourteen miles northwest of Carrollton at the intersection of Missouri Supplemental Routes K and JJ.
A post office called Stet was established in 1890, and remained in operation until 1973. That same year, the rural route was consolidated with Norborne but the building stayed open as a contract office until 2011. The origin of the name "Stet" is obscure. The meaning of Stet in Latin is "let it stand."