Halltown is an unincorporated community on land that was originally owned by William Hall that is along Flowing Springs Run in Jefferson County, West Virginia, United States. Halltown is located off U.S. Route 340 on West Virginia Route 230 between Charles Town and Bolivar. A few houses, a fork in the road, a tiny post office, and the large Halltown Paper Plant are the distinguishing features of the community.
The community was named after the Hall family, owners of a farm near the town site. In October 1896, the area surrounding Halltown was one of three areas (the others being near Charles Town and Uvilla) in the United States to begin Rural Free Delivery (RFD) service.
This page uses material from the Wikipedia article Halltown, WV, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 4.0.