Gales Creek is an unincorporated community in Washington County, Oregon, United States on Oregon Route 8 northwest of Forest Grove in the foothills of the Oregon Coast Range.
Gales Creek shares its name with a stream, a tributary of the Tualatin River, that was named for pioneer Joseph Gale, who settled in the area The locale was sometimes called Gales City. Gales Creek post office was established in 1874. In the 19th century the town was the last stagecoach stop on the way to Tillamook. Gales Creek Elementary School was established in 1859 and is served by the Forest Grove School District. The school closed in 2011, and currently acts as a special education treatment facility. The community is part of the Forest Grove Fire and Rescue district and has a fire station.
This page uses material from the Wikipedia article
Gales Creek, OR,
which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0. Township-6t4ab-c4u-75d-ef78-iy9