Emden is an unincorporated community in eastern Shelby County, Missouri, United States. It is located on Route 168 approximately nine miles east of Shelbyville.
Emden was originally called "Dennison's Corner", and under the latter name got its start in the late 1880s when J. H. Dennison opened a country store at the site. A post office called Emden has been in operation since 1888. The present name is a transfer from Emden, Germany.
This page uses material from the Wikipedia article
which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0. Township-6t4ab-c4u-75d-ef78-iy9